Personal Injury And Landlord-Tenant Law In Jersey City, New Jersey

Call Today


Skilled Help In Landlord-Tenant Law

Landlord-tenant disputes can be very difficult to resolve. Typically, the landlord and the tenant are equally convinced that they are in the right and the other party is completely in the wrong. Meanwhile, the relationship between the landlord and the tenant is covered by complex local, state and federal laws and regulations.

With all of these competing interests and legal issues standing in your way, you need a skilled lawyer with experience in landlord-tenant law to protect your rights and help you reach your goals.

I am attorney Roberta L. Tarkan, and I have decades of experience representing tenants and landlords in a variety of disputes, including:

  • Avoiding eviction
  • Obtaining eviction
  • Withheld security deposits
  • Damage repair
  • Late rent

Why You Need A Landlord-Tenant Attorney

Perhaps the most important thing to know about landlord-tenant disputes is that each side has legal rights. This means that, whichever side of the relationship you are on, you may have the right to a hearing to resolve your dispute.

Having an attorney at your hearing can make a big difference. A skilled attorney can argue your case and point out when the other side’s case is flawed. In some cases, an attorney can get the other side’s case thrown out of court. In many cases, the goal of a hearing is to reach a settlement, and an attorney can help you get the settlement you deserve.

Get Started

Many landlord-tenant disputes escalate quickly, with deadlines looming. However, resolving disputes can take time. It’s important to get started resolving your dispute early.

Start by calling my office today at 201-656-7000. You can also contact the office by email.

The Law Office of Roberta L. Tarkan is in Jersey City, New Jersey, and represents landlords, tenants and other clients throughout the surrounding area. In addition to landlord-tenant law, I represent clients in personal injury claims, real estate transactions, employment issues and other matters.

Practice Areas

Contact My Office